||Tweet||back to news|
Dempo coach Armando Colaco has been appointed as the caretaker coach of the Indian national team for four months.
The decisions taken by the AIFF Executive Committee today:
1) Mr. Armando Colaco has been appointed as Team India's interim coach for four months. He will be in charge of the team for the World Cup Qualifiers and also the International Friendlies that have already been fixed up.
2) It has been decided to host India's Pre-World Cup Qualifier against UAE at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi. The match is slated for July 28.
3) The Committee ratified the decision to stick to the 3+1 format as far as foreign recruits in the I-League are concerned.
4) Furthermore, the Committee has referred the case of suspended Shillong Lajong player -- Tuboi -- to the Players Status Committee which is slated for May 27.
5) The Committee gave its consent to Team India's Friendly matches (Olympic Team) against Pakistan subject to clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
6) The Committee agreed that it is critical to appoint a Technical Director at the earliest to assist in the Development Programme and appointment of Coaches.
7) The President also congratulated Shillong Lajong and Sporting Clube de Goa for qualifying for next season's I-League. Both the teams, however, would have to meet the AFC criteria. The AFC Inspection Team is due to visit the two clubs on June 11 and 12.
8) The Committee also took the decision that efforts should be intensified to find a sponsor for the Indian Arrows team by May 31. In case no sponsor is found, a decision will be taken by the Emergency Committee.
8) The Asian Football Confederation will conduct a workshop for I-League representatives in August and organise educational trips if necessary.
9) The proposal to hold the final phase of the 2nd Division League on a Home-and-Away basis has been referred to the Advisory Group on Competitions. The Advisory Group would also take a final decision on the participation of I-League Players in the local leagues.
10) The Committee also decided that National Team midfielder NP Pradeep should publish an advertisement in a National Daily (all editions -- at his own cost) making a disclaimer that he has not posted any derogatory comments on any Social Networking Website and also apologise for any disregard caused to the AIFF and its officials.
11) The Committee will request DD for the live telecast of the semifinal and the final of the Santosh Trophy.
Please share your thoughts on this topic in the comment box below!
BBC Sport - Football
- La Liga 'wants all of world's best'
The president of La Liga wants to attract the world's best players to Spain and rival the financial power of the Premier League.
- Van Gaal to bide time over new faces
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal will not rush to make signings despite "having" to play with wing-backs recently.
- Oyston hits back at Blackpool president
Chairman Karl Oyston says Blackpool are in the "best possible hands" after criticism from club president Valeri Belokon.
- Spurs close in on Southampton pair
Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez are close to joining former boss Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham.
- Arsenal sign £16m teenager Chambers
Arsenal sign teenage Southampton defender Calum Chambers for a fee of understood to be about £16m.