||Tweet||back to news|
Dempo coach Armando Colaco has been appointed as the caretaker coach of the Indian national team for four months.
The decisions taken by the AIFF Executive Committee today:
1) Mr. Armando Colaco has been appointed as Team India's interim coach for four months. He will be in charge of the team for the World Cup Qualifiers and also the International Friendlies that have already been fixed up.
2) It has been decided to host India's Pre-World Cup Qualifier against UAE at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi. The match is slated for July 28.
3) The Committee ratified the decision to stick to the 3+1 format as far as foreign recruits in the I-League are concerned.
4) Furthermore, the Committee has referred the case of suspended Shillong Lajong player -- Tuboi -- to the Players Status Committee which is slated for May 27.
5) The Committee gave its consent to Team India's Friendly matches (Olympic Team) against Pakistan subject to clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
6) The Committee agreed that it is critical to appoint a Technical Director at the earliest to assist in the Development Programme and appointment of Coaches.
7) The President also congratulated Shillong Lajong and Sporting Clube de Goa for qualifying for next season's I-League. Both the teams, however, would have to meet the AFC criteria. The AFC Inspection Team is due to visit the two clubs on June 11 and 12.
8) The Committee also took the decision that efforts should be intensified to find a sponsor for the Indian Arrows team by May 31. In case no sponsor is found, a decision will be taken by the Emergency Committee.
8) The Asian Football Confederation will conduct a workshop for I-League representatives in August and organise educational trips if necessary.
9) The proposal to hold the final phase of the 2nd Division League on a Home-and-Away basis has been referred to the Advisory Group on Competitions. The Advisory Group would also take a final decision on the participation of I-League Players in the local leagues.
10) The Committee also decided that National Team midfielder NP Pradeep should publish an advertisement in a National Daily (all editions -- at his own cost) making a disclaimer that he has not posted any derogatory comments on any Social Networking Website and also apologise for any disregard caused to the AIFF and its officials.
11) The Committee will request DD for the live telecast of the semifinal and the final of the Santosh Trophy.
Please share your thoughts on this topic in the comment box below!
BBC Sport - Football
- Wilshere given support in World Cup bid
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will do "absolutely everything" to help injured Jack Wilshere prepare for the World Cup.
- Moyes defends 'fantastic' Cleverley
Manchester United boss David Moyes criticises a petition to ban Tom Cleverley from England's World Cup squad.
- Birmingham City owner Yeung jailed
Birmingham City owner Carson Yeung is jailed for six years by a Hong Kong court for money laundering.
- Moyes thanks Man Utd fans for support
Manchester United boss David Moyes writes to season-ticket holders thanking them for their support in a "difficult" season.
- Promotion 'not critical' to QPR
QPR chairman Tony Fernandes says it is "not critical" for the club to win promotion to the Premier League despite their £177.1m debt.